Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Comments pages

I'm getting nowhere fast: my daily "I'll just check what the bloggers said while I was sleeping" has become roughly 3 hours in the morning and 3 more at night. Comments pages are a delight normally, but when you get a right-wing rantosaur and left-wing plodadactyl mudslinging shitfest, I guess you know you're site is doing well: click on the title of this post.

Just want to say that Hugo Chavez becoming an ENEMY of the USA because he happens to believe that Bush wants to eliminate him is the largest bunch of misrepresentation I've heard for a long time. Like a number of Chavez's statements, there is much calm logic to it.

Being called an ENEMY?? Chavez is right for 'folding' in this "Texas Hold 'em" in full public view.

5 comments:

Abadiebitch said...

Do you have your comment notification set up to go to your email?

Professor Zero said...

Reading what the bloggers have said, it's habit forming, but I've decided it is not a bad way to get the news. ;-) How is your garden? You are inspiring me to work more on mine.

Professor Zero said...

Hey - you haven't posted in almost a month. Are you doing all right?

Absorbant said...

Hi Prof! I like your new site!
My illness has been dogging me over the last 2 months. As soon one relapse is over, I try too desperately to make up the lost time with all the chores and re-establishing friendly relations — I give myself a hard time about so many things: trying to live as an example of dignified patience, yet becoming a more and more ridiculous and disturbing personality. Things just aren't working — I scare women as soon as they get near with my intensity. One, who I still adore, looks at me with a subtle panic whenever we're at the same gathering, and I'm beset by self-loathing when trying to imagine a relationship with another one who might be heroic enough to cope with me. Why should I inflict this harsh existence on a wonderful person?

Professor Zero said...

Hey - sorry about the relapses. Difficult, yes. And hard not to give oneself a hard time.

The relationship I just got out of was with a type 1 diabetic, poorly managed, he kept fainting, and it was scary (because that is life threatening) - also irritating, because it's manipulative, because it can be much better taken care of than he does (or at least, than he seems to do when he has someone else to worry about it).

The point is, he has a pretty harsh existence for that and other reasons, and yet feels no compunction about inflicting it upon others.

It would seem that realism is the key.
Trying not to give oneself such a hard time is also key (I do that too, in some areas of life).

Anyway: I'm glad you're still around, at least!