Thankfully, Ann Coulter's sort of bile doesn't travel as far as Europe without passing through a number of aghast filters, which goes to show that the Neo-Con movement isn't as powerful and unopposable as it might seem right now.
But she sounds truly awful to me, and she makes me want to swear at her.
I take Moksha's point about those words, words which boil up to the surface most rapidly in most minds in response to her character, before a proper response should be made about this personification of vile.
We need to come up with a new word to describe her without insulting all of the other 'cunts' 'whores' or 'bitches'. But It is sad of course, as these words are being used to describe the temporary role (or position) a person takes up in a given situation or over a particulr period of time, just as she might also be a Mother when she gets back home after a day's bitching over the airwaves: But she wasn't always a Mother, because she was originally a daughter, girl, and baby.
But that's the problem with the english language and its speakers, there aren't enough words that convey in one syllable a despicable personality, without losing a single listener; because its imperative to get across to as many people as possible, quite how shockingly awful the implications of her pronouncements truly are.
I don't know if we have the time to spend in coming up with new words to describe this nasty loose-cannon.
In her case, is "Whore" really such a bad word to apply to her specifically? After all, she doesn't appear on all of these TV shows and gabble in all of those books out of purely charitable goodness.
The reader will see that I'm not a fan of Ann Coulter. She makes me come up with so many contradictory assertions, that I fall straight into the hands of her supporters
Is there such a law in America to prosecute "the Abuse of Freedom of Speech"?
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Is there such a law in America "Against the Abuse of Freedom of Speech"?
Apparently the law is enforced when one protests, because I don't see anyone productively protesting.
We need to come up with a new word to describe her without insulting all of the other 'cunts' 'whores' or 'bitches'.
LOL! You know many do you? HAH!
just as she might also be a Mother when she gets back home after a day's bitching over the airwaves: But she wasn't always a Mother, because she was originally a daughter, girl, and baby.
She is no mother. Actually on mediamatter.org there is an exerpt quoting her, "Do I need to kill my mother in order to become a victim?" Now the whore, cunt, bitch is suffering with victim-envy.
By the way, she is a whore. A money grubbing whore, a shock whore, a capitalist whore, a media whore, etc. etc.....
My dear friend, write about whatever, I will appreciate every word. I do however eventually have to learn all about those Tories and Whigs if I decide to focus on 19th century. Thanks for reading my prattle.
Still checking in. I know you could talk about pseudo cynics, that one give you a long entry or two.
Post a Comment