
From Wikipedia :
Bison are among the most dangerous animals encountered by visitors to the various U.S. National Parks, especially Yellowstone National Park. Although they are not carnivorous, they will attack humans if provoked. They appear slow because of their lethargic movements, but they can easily outrun humans—they have been observed running as fast as 35 miles per hour. Between 1978 and 1992, over four times as many people in Yellowstone National Park were killed or injured by bison as by bears (12 by bears, 56 by bison). Bison also have the unexpected ability, given the animal's size and body structure, to leap over a standard barbed-wire fence.
Well I'd never have figured out that Bison might not like getting riled. Or perhaps featuring this item on the daily changed homepage a tool of satire.
5 comments:
"Well I'd never have figured out that Bison might not like getting riled."
This should be a big "Duh!" What idiot goes to Yellowstone and piss this thing off?
I love this kind of idiot thinking, just as much as hunting bison to near extinction just so that their bog-standard domesticated cattle relatives could replace the native buffallo — it must have been a race memory, as the European Bison was wiped out too.
As for creation of dustbowl-conditions because of an overweening urge to recreate the old world.
I also like the idea that the meat is leaner and tastes better apparently.
It looks downright prehistoric in this video! :-) (Of course, being prehistoric myself ... a precolumbian architectural detail ..., I rather like that.)
This 'film' was made before the Movie industry existed, by scientist Edward Muybridge. This technique was developed to win a competition about the gait of a running horse.
I start to feel prehistoric this time of year too, Professor!
So it's a 'prehistoric' video, too! :-)
I get it - those avant-garde experiments in moving pictures, Vertov, Richter, etc.
Cool.
Post a Comment