Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Minnie Riperton-Loving you

This beautiful singing comes from Minnie Ripperton, sadly very soon after this she had died of Beast Cancer.

5 comments:

Abadiebitch said...

OH-MY-GOD!!!!!!!

I just read her whole entry in Wiki the other day!

I will never forget the day she died. I was outside doing cartwheels on the grass and my gay friend who lived next door told me that it was just announced on the news.

Abadiebitch said...

Have you seen her daughter on Saturday Night live? Maya Rudolph.

Absorbant said...

I can't receive SNL, is she as good as her mother? She should've been more regarded at the time, but her fame was only just beginning; she got involved with the more psychedelic end of the Chicago scene, "success" was scorned by those experimental music circles.
You see Moksha, this is why I love music so much: it takes you back, and it can remind you, or it can amaze you!! Minnie Riperton does all of these. I was so happy to find this on YouTube.

Abadiebitch said...

So you removed your profile?

Maya Rudoloph is more of a comedic/actor than a singer. She did a good Sally Hemmings skit.

Abadiebitch said...

I have some music I am sending at you. Come visit and see.