This is an unusual film, its like a sampler for all that was good about the music of that time (prob. early 50's?).
The lighting is stylish, the music is very mellow and just lovely, these four tunes segue so seemlessly:
Starting with the opening frame the smoke curls from "The Pres" Lester Young in his famous hat.
These ten minutes has turned out to be a summation, not just a summary, of a culture at one of its peaks.
I think there is something very supportive in this collaboration, I should say this better . . . with barely an edit.
(by the way the singer was Marie Bryant, not Billie Holliday)
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
"Jammin' the Blues" by Gjon Mili
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yesterday I had trouble getting this to load. It looks like it is a go today. I shall listen my friend.
Post a Comment