Thursday, April 26, 2007

Trees in springtime England


As promised, Beech trees!

7 comments:

Abadiebitch said...

Wow. Do you have access to that foot path? How is it a wooded area that one can explore, walk through? How long do you think the path is? Have you been on it recently? Is the flowers and bench part of your garden or a common area? Yes, I know many questions. I want an area like that, or at least access to one.

Absorbant said...

Hi there! On Sunday I suddenly realised what 2007 was actually going to look like because all these beautiful lime green leaves had appeared, I knew the window of opportunity was going to be short as this youg shooting only lasts for a little while, next week the leaves will go dark green (albeit just as lovely, this lime green is about my birthday!). These months are speeding by.

This woodland is what is known as "Greenbelt" Land — that is, protected from becoming housing or urban sprawl in the 1940's. I used to walk up this incredible path every morning to my high school at the end of about a two miles of wonderful woodland.

The trees were a vital part of my town because it was known for its furniture-making, and I was brought up to be a maker in this industry, I love these Beech trees. Sadly there's has been no more work like that around here since late 80's at all
. . its all just call centres mainly.

I've not been up there for a long time because of my health. I am very glad to see it everytime I go there, but I forget who I am now and try to try swinging up that path until I remember that the years have caught up with me.

Those flowers are from my Mum's lovely garden . . . . Bluebells only flower this time of year, and the perfume is amazing, and very luscious. The bench was my grandma's, but she never had a garden like this!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Lovely picture and very desciptive comment, as if I was there walking through your town enjoying every bit of spring.

Absorbant said...

Thankyou Mother Hen!

Abadiebitch said...

What happens when you get to that gate. Are you allowed to open it and carry on? Can one ride a bicycle through there, or will someone complain?

Absorbant said...

The gate was installed to slow cyclists down a bit..!: Its at the end of a very steep path and joins a busy blind-bend for cars that go too fast.

Don't worry, its totally free to use!!

Professor Zero said...

The beech trees are so beautiful when the leaves first come out, that pale, pale green.