So, you are finally 'stepping down' after announcing more than a year ago that he won't be running for a fourth term (if you wanted to go, just go). How can we forget his slavish support for George W Bush. Class-wise, I was totally shocked that Blair was even chosen as a party leader in 1994 especially as a leader of the traditionally industrial working class party, HIM of a privileged private-school!
I have always felt sick at the idea of voting for this person, he has never had my sympathy, he is a huge conman.
"I believe"
I don't care what you BELIEVE: logic, facts, and ideas should be kept seperate, and never ever mixed because when they are, it is bound to end in pain and death. What he 'believes' has nothing to do with reality. How dare you try to sell that to us.
"My Legacy"
What he should've realised is that we simply don't care what you want us to remember you for. Oh yeah invading a tyrannical country, despite being a tyranny it was no direct "threat" to us, and that had no weapons left. Yes, His Legacy as a warmongerer. Go fuck yourself!!
"History will forgive us"
In a Hegelian way, perhaps it will forgive you, just like the millions killed during the Sovet era could be simply known as "History". Historicism is one of the most chilling ways to look at our lives, and it doesn't 'tidy' anything neatly up.
Hegel was known for Sophistry, his idea of Historicism, and his dialectics . . . .So?:
What happened was that he had created a toolkit to allow for the amazing influence of Marxism, which was inspiring, but a system that was flawed by the foggyness of Hegel — that he still has a grip on modern politics is a terrible trap.
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
So let me get this straight, does this mean you will not be missing Blair. LMAO!!!!!
Your entry on legacy reminds me of something. I am going to go check my notes and come back.
Please do, hope its not going go on as long as Blair's leadership did! I like your avatar — manic and gleefull
There is a silver lining. He did resign. No American would have. Rove, Gonzales, Bush, they are found at fault and they still stay.
Blair at least has some dignity left.
Goodbye Vicar Tony. He said he was planning on leaving office before completing a prime ministerial term — so the question "when?" has been annoying brits for long. We lost patience long ago, mainly Iraq. He should have gone long ago trouble is there aren't any decent replacements.
Like you say, the bad men in the Whitehouse can't be even be bothered to dress or act with humility and grace. his shit-eating face turned me off right away!
Vicar Tony. LMAO! He really pisses you off don't he? Bush and his people do not piss me off anymore, that was back in 2002/03/04. Now I feel like a battered wife that cannot leave. And I am angry at the rest of the country for being too slow to see thier evil, and refusing to force him out of office, including resorting to a coup.
OT: omg look at that new Hah gravatar! My cat just wishes he could do that.
This was emailed to me by my old Leftie Lecturer friend of mine:
"Hello Guy
I have never looked at a blog before as many thanks for the opportunity. What a busy site! Poor old Segoline has had to go back to just "looking" and Tony has a new RIGHT WING friend in high places - that's 'is next summer's 'olidays sorted out then!
It's nice top see you battling with historicism, so am I ! The problem of the age of relativism in political theory and aesthetics, has meant a decline in certainty about what is or is not "good" or "bad", "right" or "wrong". Are there no secular a priori grounds for deciding these things?
I wonder if you know the writtings of Zygmunt Bauman? His book ' Liquid Modernity' is a response to these issues in the context of globalization, might be worth a look sometime.
I am very sorry to see that you are having a really lousy time with the MS, I guess that the Blog is like an old friend by now, always evolving reflexively, making kinks that take the mind off some of the troubles but maybe introducing you and new ones as well.
I hope we can all meet up when the "cruisers" return. I can't see them on that ship without laughing...Karoke.
Love Mick.
Maureen sends her love as well."
Post a Comment