Thursday, February 08, 2007

Yesss!!


It hasn't snowed this sort of snow for around six years: normally its just powdery, or it melts before its landed, or icy, or it never ever comes although it feels like it might. But this sort is perfect for snowballs, sledging, sculpture. This is just perfect for now; It won't stay for long, and I'm charmed.

6 comments:

Abadiebitch said...

Did you take this picture? Is it around your house?

It looks lovely. Only this morning with the child put on a short sleeve she was telling me how she knows if it will be a short sleeve or long sleeve day simply by looking out the window. Ah, but only because she is in California I told her. If we were in England or somewhere else it would not be that simple.

Absorbant said...

Yes, this is the Mosque in my back yard, I could've taken one of my garden but I like the way the snow was settling there

"If we were in England or somewhere else it would not be that simple."

That used to be true, but even I have got used to my car just like everyone else with climate control, and only a short dash to some sort of building nowadays. I used to love cylcing or walk/running in the rain, you really barely see anyone doing that now, no matter how close everything is.

I found myself in a cold and wet heap, after wind and rain had plastered my trousers to my freezing legs — puddles were nothing after that, because most of us all knew that there was a reason, and going to be a warm and dry destination at the end of the journey.

I can't remember the last time I had what we used to call "Chill-blanes". (a kind of heat rash after coming in, and changing into some dry clothes.)

We are all wimps now!

Abadiebitch said...

Yes we are wimps.

Did you have to go clear off the snow from your car?

Absorbant said...

No, I have a drive-in garage. Lap of luxury, me.

Professor Zero said...

This is the kind of snow I like. I am not from the snow, and only experienced it as part of daily life the winter I spent in Illinois (for some reason we didn't have it the winter I spent in Denmark, it was 'warm'). I was constantly amazed in Illinois at how beautiful and ethereal it was. People from snow country say they get tired of it, but I find it so exotic that it would take me some time to get over the enchantment.

Absorbant said...

All I know is that it was a regular thing, and when it did come it would last longer than two days. Its hardly what you call "The Day After Tomorrow".

I think its enchanting too, but when it goes dirty-slushy too soon, or there is the wierd moment when a thaw brings back the lawn which looks so sickly compared to the reflectiveness of snow.

I've always liked the sound of Denmark too.